freeradius 3.0.15 memory corruption

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Sep 7 15:00:33 CEST 2017

On Sep 7, 2017, at 4:48 AM, petr.linke at seznam.cz wrote:

> I try to set up freeradius 3.0.15 with MS AD authentication via ntlm_auth
> from samba. I use default settings, follow freeradius-active-directory-
> integration-howto. All work correctly for username length up to 5
> characters, but when I use username, where the length is more than 5
> characters, freeradius terminated due memory corruption.
> (freeradius v.3.0.15, running on debian Wheezy64).
>

> debug for username length more than 5 characters:

  Which doesn't show the packet coming in, or what you're doing to it.  Having *some* information would be useful.

  Please follow doc/bugs to get a useful backtrace.

  Or. run it in debugging mode with "radiusd -Xxx".  You'll get a LOT more output, and the server will do additional memory sanity checking.  That may show something useful.