Poll of opinions for new keyword

Winfield, Alister Alister.Winfield at sky.uk
Thu Sep 7 15:36:01 CEST 2017

I like your example …:

    recv Access-Request {
    subrequest dhcp {
    update request {
    Request-Packet-Type := Discover
    }
    dhcp
    switch &Response-Packet-Type {
    case Offer {
    update parent {
    Framed-IP-Address := &DHCP-Your-IP-Address

Nicely represents the intent of the author of the configuration. I assume that the update there could add values from the parent request into related DHCP attributes. It is also obvious that straight RADIUS proxy is trivial to write in that form without any special magic. Something like this would be really obvious to even a first time reader of a freeRADIUS configuration.

Recv Access-Request [
subrequest radius {
update request {
// Copy required attributes from inbound request
}
radius
switch &Response-Packet-Type {
case Access-Accept {
update parent {
       // Copy out anything we need to in the reply

Alister

Information in this email including any attachments may be privileged, confidential and is intended exclusively for the addressee. The views expressed may not be official policy, but the personal views of the originator. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete it from your system. You should not reproduce, distribute, store, retransmit, use or disclose its contents to anyone. Please note we reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communication through our internal and external networks. SKY and the SKY marks are trademarks of Sky plc and Sky International AG and are used under licence.

Sky UK Limited (Registration No. 2906991), Sky-In-Home Service Limited (Registration No. 2067075) and Sky Subscribers Services Limited (Registration No. 2340150) are direct or indirect subsidiaries of Sky plc (Registration No. 2247735). All of the companies mentioned in this paragraph are incorporated in England and Wales and share the same registered office at Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex TW7 5QD.