Resolving Too many differnet filenames for detail log file

Zhi-Wei Lu zwlu at ucdavis.edu
Thu Sep 14 01:34:22 CEST 2017

On Sep 13, 2017, at 1:04 PM, Zhi-Wei Lu <zwlu at ucdavis.edu> wrote:
>> The new CentOS 7.4.1708 and update has upgraded freeradius to 3.0.13-8, which should include 3.0.12 fix for the detail log file fix.
>> Is this version good enough?

> No.  On further checks... you'll have to install the v3.0.x branch from git.  It has some additional fixes which should help here.

I have downloaded the zip file. After satisfying most of libraries in the Warning section, I was able to compile the code (3.0.16).
However, the $FREERADIUS/etc/raddb/policy.d/filter file seems to have some syntax problem:

                if (&User-Name =~ /\.\./ ) {
                        update request {
                                &Module-Failure-Message += 'Rejected: User-Name contains multiple ..s'
                        }
                        reject
                }

The older version has these code

       if (&User-Name =~ /\\.\\./ ) {
                update reply {
                        Reply-Message += "Rejected: Username contains ..s"
                }
                reject
        }

Actually, I was hit by this one while testing freeradius 3..0.13-8 on CentOS 7.4.1708 as well, I had to put \\.\\. back to be able to login into a test switch.

Shall I file a bug report somewhere?

Thank you.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html