EAP packets from 2 different upstream servers

Alex Sharaz alex.sharaz at york.ac.uk
Mon Sep 18 16:53:56 CEST 2017

They come because the packets for one EAP session are arriving from two
different upstream home servers.

 Yup, know that, just want some info as to which upstream boxes they're
coming from

1). These boxes are our ORPS boxes and primary upstream boxes are the JISC
NRPS servers.
2). Or our Council has 1 RADIUS server that handles eduroam in York City
Centre
3). Our our clearpass cluster that handles internal auths and does its own
load balancing between our ORPS boxes.

Was hoping that debug mode would tell me a bit about what was happening ..
unless I need super debug mode !

>Running in debug mode shouldn't change the behaviour of the upstream
servers.

Granted ... but when I look in the normal radius.log and see the warning
message and run raddebug at the same time and in the same time interval
using

raddebug -d /etc/freeradius -t 900 > ./alex.log &

 andthe radius log shows the message and the raddebug output doesn't ...

not sure how I'm supposed to see what is going on.