Radius not giving VLAN after reconnect

Matthew Pulis mpulis at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 17:24:51 CEST 2017

Dear both

Many thanks for your help. It worked now. Following Buxey's suggestion I
moved the VLAN logic to the inner-tunnel and now it works perfectly :)

 Assign the VLANs in the inner-tunnel virtual server, in the post-auth section:

post-auth {
	if (LDAP-Group == ....) {
		update outer.session-state {
			Tunnel-Type = VLAN
			Tunnel-Medium-Type = IEEE-802
			Tunnel-Private-Group-ID = "11"

This is there too:

  And double-check that the "default" virtual server, post-auth
section has this in it:

	update {
		&reply: += &session-state:
	}

RE:  One simple solution is to authenticate with the correct
User-Name, instead of "anonymous".

I wasn't trying to authenticate as anonymous, it was Windows trying
all sort of magic to get me in. Thats why before I asked about if the
anonymous should worry me.

Apologies for not understanding well your instructions earlier, but I
got confused with what you understood by configuration.

Many thanks and apologies.

Matthew