DB handles and Discarding duplicate request messages

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Sep 28 17:33:36 CEST 2017

On Sep 28, 2017, at 9:16 AM, Andrés Gómez <andres.gomez.ruiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have this message on my freeradius log:
>
> Error: rlm_sql (sql): There are no DB handles to use! skipped 0
>
> so I increased the num_sql_socks to 50 in the sql.conf file.
>
> It fixed the issue!!!

  No, it made that message go away.  It didn't fix the issue,

> But after that has appeared this new message:
>
> Error: Discarding duplicate request from client todos port ZZZZ - ID: 5 due
> to unfinished request XXXX
>
> a lot of times.
>
> What does it mean?
> Do I have to improve the sql configuration?

  It means your SQL database is slow.  Fix the database so that it takes less than 5 seconds to respond to a query from FreeRADIUS.

  No amount of poking FreeRADIUS will make the database faster.

  Be sure that the database has indexes, and doesn't have millions of rows.