Using machine auth from a remote eduroam site

Alex Sharaz alex.sharaz at york.ac.uk
Wed Apr 4 15:08:51 CEST 2018

o.k. had some success with machine auth.

Setting up winbind with

        winbind_username = "%{mschap:User-Name}"
        winbind_domain = "ITS.YORK.AC.UK"

I managed to get auths to work but the client was reauthenticating every second!

Using

ntlm_auth = "/usr/bin/ntlm_auth --request-nt-key
--domain=ITS.YORK.AC.UK --username=%{mschap:User-Name}
--challenge=%{%{mschap:Challenge}:-00}
--nt-response=%{%{mschap:NT-Response}:-00}"

and the 1 sec reauths stop and I've got a session.