Mapping between sqlippool and radius attributes

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Apr 13 15:18:12 CEST 2018

On Apr 13, 2018, at 8:02 AM, Thore Krüss <thore at scimeda.de> wrote:
> after reading the configuration files, the wiki entry as well as trying to dig
> in the code I haven't been able to figure out how the columns from the sqlippool
> module are mapped back to radius attributes.

  See raddb/mods-config/sql/ippool/

  The files there contain all of the queries necessary for IP pool allocation.

  Also, read raddb/mods-available/sqlippool

  That file contains documentation about how it works, and it includes the files which do the actual queries.

> The default table scheme creates a column "framedipaddress" which appears to
> become the "Framed-IP-Address" attribute through magic.

  As always, run the server in debug mode.  Read the output.  See what it does.

  i.e. configure the sqlippool module as per the docs and examples, then send it packets and read the debug output.  It should then be clear what's going on and how.

> Is there a way to extend this with a "Framed-IPv6-Prefix"?
> Is adding a column with that name sufficient?

  No.  Read raddb/mods-available/sqlippool.  This is documented.