Freeradius 3 and empty password from authorization

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Tue Apr 24 09:50:04 CEST 2018

Hello,

>   You are right - radius didn't recieved any password, where should be
> an error ? I'm authorizing Iphone and Windows 7 prof. , all systems
> asked me for login and password. Authorized wifi network is controlled
> by Cisco wireless controller 2504, isn't there some missconfiguration
> for radius ?

Wireless doesn't use plaintext passwords. It's using the EAP protocol.

And there it is:

> (732)   EAP-Message = 0x020200120163686f736540666e686b2e637a

For some reason, your FreeRADIUS configuration expects a plaintext
password. That's wrong. And it's not the default shipped configuration.

Maybe you want to read up on EAP authentication. And then revert your
config changes to the point where EAP works out of the box.

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--
Stefan WINTER