having trouble connecting EAP-PEAP

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Apr 26 04:42:34 CEST 2018

On Apr 25, 2018, at 10:37 PM, Carlito Nueno <carlitonueno at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am not able to connect to any device, iOS, mac os, or linux to EAP-PEAP
>
> I used `/etc/raddb/certs/ make` script to generate certificates. I
> copied the `ca.pem` file to mac OS and installed it.

  You may need to do more than that.

  For configuring EAP, see my web site: http://deployingradius.com

> Any advice?
>
> using freeradius on docker with alpine linux
> - FreeRADIUS Version 3.0.15
> - OpenSSL 1.0.2o
>
> Changes made:

  We don't need to see that.  We DO need to see the information described in the Wiki:

  http://wiki.freeradius.org/list-help
> (1) Received Access-Request Id 7 from 192.168.2.181:40873 to
> 172.18.0.2:1812 length 190
> (1) # Executing section authorize from file /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default
> (1)   authorize {

  And no mention of "eap".

  You edited the default configuration to disable "eap", and broke it.  Don't do that.

  Use the default configuration.  It works.

> logs on access point:

  Why would that be necessary?

  Every single day people post all kinds of information which is completely useless.  And generally *don't* post the information we need.

  Our recommendations are in the "man" pages, web pages, Wiki, and daily on this list.  Is there anywhere ELSE we need to put them so that people will READ them, and FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS?