IPv6 accounting RADIUS SQL schema?

Michael Ducharme mducharme at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 00:35:07 CEST 2018

Hi,

On 8/19/2018 12:28 PM, Alan DeKok wrote:
>    My $0.02 is that this sounds like a good use-case for a smart DHCP server.  :)
>
>    i.e. have FreeRADIUS handle DHCP, too.  On initial request, it can check the MAC address in radacct for the username who last logged in.  Then, check their billing history.  If their account is in arrears, give them an IP from a walled garden.

Yes, the way their system works is not the way that I would have set it
up. They did in that seemingly strange way because they don't want to
require the use of RADIUS - if RADIUS is not used with their software, a
script runs on the DHCP server that passes the IP and MAC to the billing
system as parameters in an HTTP GET request whenever a lease is created
or deleted.