New to FreeRadius and can't manage to get it to work for me

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Aug 20 14:58:31 CEST 2018

On Aug 20, 2018, at 8:47 AM, Moshe Sakajo <moshe_s at packetlight.com> wrote:
> One of our customers complaint about the fact that he is not able to make our boxes authenticated against FreeRadius.

  FreeRADIUS is pretty much the authoritative RADIUS server.  i.e. if something doesn't work with FreeRADIUS, then that something is broken.

> I have no experience with FreeRadius and I immediately revealed that is not a Plug-and-Play RADIUS Server as TekRADIUS (Windows).

  That's... and odd statement to make.  It's like saying you went outside and "immediately revealed that you are capable of breathing the air".

> With TekRADIUS I manage to authenticate a user that performs a login into our boxes. Actually it is almost Plug-and-Play.

  I don't really care how some other RADIUS server works.  This list is about FreeRADIUS.  If you're going to post here that other RADIUS servers are better, then you will be told to go elsewhere.

> with all of that said I can also tell the radius.log show that the Login attempts are OK but I still
> get Access denied from my device, like something is still missing.

  Read the debug output.

> Can you please tell me what might be missing ? Thanks for the support
>
> Here is the debug info
>
>        reject_delay = 1

  That is NOT the full debug output.  It does NOT show the server receiving packets.

  Read and follow the instructions:  http://wiki.freeradius.org/list-help  and http://wiki.freeradius.org/radiusd-X