Fwd: Re: Apache with mod_auth_radius starts X requests

Carsten Schulze carsten.schulze at leuphana.de
Tue Aug 21 11:22:25 CEST 2018

Hi,

to finalize.

I installed a PHP Directory Listner to that folder, with that, only one
request was generated.

If its not possible, you can reduce the index.* (checks) in apache,
which will reduce the total amount of Radius-Reuqests.

/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/dir.conf
<IfModule mod_dir.c>
         #DirectoryIndex index.html index.cgi index.pl index.php
index.xhtml index.htm
         DirectoryIndex index.php
</IfModule>

Regards
Carsten

On Aug 17, 2018, at 4:44 AM, Carsten Schulze <carsten.schulze at leuphana.de> wrote:
> We have got a normal Webpage.  The Index.php was delivered, I enter the username + password, one Radius-Request was send and I can work.

   That's good.

> --------
> The second server is a software distribution with directory listing.  There are no  index files or so.

   Maybe that's the issue?

> I turned on the logging on my apache and I can see the auth requests for:
>
> requests /Mitarbeitende/
> requests /Mitarbeitende/index.html
> requests /Mitarbeitende/index.cgi
> requests /Mitarbeitende/index.pl
> requests /Mitarbeitende/index.php
> requests /Mitarbeitende/index.xhtml
> requests /Mitarbeitende/index.htm
>
> and for every subfolder the same

   That's bad.  The module is *supposed* to set a cookie which means that subsequent authentication checks just check the cookie.  Maybe that isn' happening.

   Alan DeKok.

-