www.freeradius.org + subdomains, and wiki.freeradius.org down from 16:00EST for maintenance

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Sat Aug 25 20:42:49 CEST 2018

Hi All,

We're consolidating the infrastructure that runs the freeradius web presence.

For relatively static hosts:

- www.freeradius.org and subdomains
- ftp.freeradius.org

disruption should only be about 5 minutes (assuming everything goes to plan!).

For hosts with dynamic content:

- wiki.freeradius.org
- git.freeradius.org
- @freeradius.org email addresses

disruption may be as long as an hour.

This is because the VMs need to be shut down to prevent data loss and moved (copied) between virtualisation servers.

The good news is the new virtualisation hosts are SAN backed, which means we (hopefully) won't go through the same level of disruption should a virtualisation host fail, or need to be replaced for some other reason at some point in the future.

-Arran