Authentication either username or mac address

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Dec 4 14:28:05 CET 2018

On Dec 4, 2018, at 6:36 AM, Mohammad Mahefooz <mahefooz4u at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have searched about this, but couldn't find proper answer. If it has
> been already answered kindly share the link. Would like to authenticate
> users either with username or specified mac address.

  If the MAC is in the User-Name attribute, then you're using authenticating by User-Name.  FreeRADIUS doesn't care what's *in* the User-Name.

> Generally we can
> authenticate users either when using only username or only mac address
> (using mac authentication). But let's say we want to give users the option
> of either using username or mac address to login,

  How do you give them that option?

> but count data and
> session time on username basis, how to achieve this in freeradius?

  Is the User-Name in the access-Request packet?

  You want to do "something".  But you don't know what's in the packets, and you don't really know what you want to do.

  So the question is impossible to answer until there's some more detailed information.