REG: Cisco-AV Pair not sent

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Dec 29 15:51:55 CET 2018

On Dec 29, 2018, at 12:08 AM, 8zero2 operations <8zero2ops at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. Appreciate it, I am using 3.0.11

  You really need to upgrade.

> I absolutely
> understand the problem but what i am trying to point out here is sending a
> malformed packet or not sending a reply at all might be a better option.

  Sending a malformed packet is never an option.  I'm surprised that happens, as there are many test cases which should ensure the code is correct.

  Never sending a reply isn't an option either.  That way the NAS thinks that the server is down.

  It's better to just be sure that the attributes have the correct length.

> As what happened in my case when it was 248 bytes it didnt write anything
> in the reply packet(I mean this attribute was not sent in reply packet) and
> client got full internet whereas it was supposed to get restricted with
> this attribute(which is a security concern), I wasnt expecting this as
> redirect url was a dynamic created one.

  That's because you're running 3.0.11, I guess.  3.0.17 and the v3.0.x head just truncate the attribute.

> when it greater than 248 it sends a malformed packet in return which nas
> rejects and nothing happens, client is not given full access(which might be
> better, rather than sending the attribute empty)

  The server should *never* send a malformed packet.