Huntgroup-Name

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Feb 1 13:51:32 CET 2018

On Feb 1, 2018, at 7:28 AM, Carsten Schulze <carsten.schulze at leuphana.de> wrote:

> I use the huntgroup text file for my NAS
>
> myshare        NAS-IP-Address == 192.168.102.43
>

> and now I would like to do a check in sites-enabled/default
>
> post-auth {
> (0)     if ("%{Huntgroup-Name}" == "myshare") {

  Read the debug output.  ALL OF IT.

  Does the input packet contain NAS-IP-Address?

  Is the "preprocess" module finding that match in the "huntgroups" file?

  And the examples DON'T show using %{Huntgroup-Name} to get the name of the hunt group. They DO show using just the attribute reference:

	if (Huntgroup-Name == "myshare") {

  I've never understood the need to put %{...} around every attribute name.  Why?  The documentation and examples don't do this.

> How could I access/or is there a variable with the name of the huntgroup?  There are only examples using sql :(.

  Follow the documentation.  Read the debug output.  That solves 99% of peoples problems.