Encrypting connections to the DB (SSL/TLS to MySQL)

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Feb 4 14:44:38 CET 2018

On Feb 4, 2018, at 6:30 AM, Timofei C <timofei.c at gmail.com> wrote:
> After looking through the documentation, I cannot see how to implement
> SSL/TLS connections to MySQL on FreeRADIUS 2/3.
>
> There's lots of information on EAP-TLS, but not on the sql module.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated? Even if it's to RTFM.

  In v3, read raddb/mods-available/sql, look for "mysql", and look for "ssl".  It is all documented.

  TBH, many people have the habit of deleting everything that's "unused" from their production configs.  This is a bad habit, and should be discouraged.  It means that when you need to find documentation, it no longer exists.