Freeradius dhcp module configuration

Nathan Ward lists+freeradius at daork.net
Mon Feb 5 09:50:28 CET 2018

> On 5/02/2018, at 4:57 PM, Daniel Ryšlink <ryslink at dialtelecom.cz> wrote:
>
> Let's say that I would just have a file that uses as key the string "%{DHCP-Relay-Circuit-Id}%{DHCP-Relay-Remote-Id}" (Option 82 user identification) as a key, then some kind of delimiter, then the IP address that should be statically assigned to this user.
>
> If the user is not found in the list, he should be assigned an IP address from a single, simple pool. That's all I need from the DHCP Virtual Server. Could you please, please perhaps hint about how the syntax of the relevant dhcp configuration files should look like? I am really stuck, I have read every file in mods-available/, sites-available/, I have read all the wiki on http://networkradius.com/doc/current/ , but I am still stuck.

It’s hard to know what you are trying to achieve. The static IP you assign will go back to the BNG, but if the BNG is configured to use a proxy DHCP server then giving it a Framed-IP-Address in an Access-Accept won’t work. The static IP example you give is in the same pool as your ippool, which seems like a pretty bad idea, as you’ll get duplicate addresses assigned.

I’d suggest talking to your Juniper SE (your original email mentioned Juniper) and find out if the configuration you want is supported and what messages are required to support it. If you don’t have a Juniper SE / Juniper support (i.e. if you have grey market gear or something) you can drop me a line off list with what you’re trying to achieve and I can try help if I get some spare time - I imagine it’ll be off topic for this list.

--
Nathan Ward