unlang/python "scripting" for gateway and dns servers

Michael Duckett mduckett at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 01:42:33 CET 2018

Thank you Alan

On Feb 6, 2018 11:57 AM, "Alan DeKok" <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

On Feb 6, 2018, at 10:56 AM, Michael Duckett <mduckett at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to derive the gateway based on unlang rules from the assigned ip
> address/mask I store in ldap.  In what configuration file would I put the
> unlang or python code to implement the rule?

  Read raddb/mods-available/python

> For DNS servers, i want to use a subset of the username in something like
> case/switch statement.  Can I use the username in the accept request
during
> the authorization phase?

  Yes.

>  Where would i put this code (preferrably python
> but could use unlang)?

  If you're just editing attributes, use unlang.  It will be MUCH simpler,
and faster.

>  Would I put in the authorize part of the default
> config file?

  If you want.  Or, the post-auth section.

  The default configuration files come with *lots* of comments which
explain what each section does.  It helps to read them.

  Alan DeKok.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/
list/users.html