FreeRadius Re-Authentication Latency

Smith, James james.smith at saabsensis.com
Fri Feb 16 15:56:54 CET 2018

Submitted as a larger email last time. The attached file is now compressed and email should be a smaller size.

Hello,
I'm currently experiencing a latency issue with Siemens base stations and CPEs re-authenticating to our FreeRadius server running version 3.0.4. (I understand this version is a little old and should be updated. We will look into this in the new future)

Attached is my log file after running FreeRadius in debug mode. CPE9 at siemens.com is the specific host I'd like to look at but all of our CPEs are experiencing the same issue. We use EAP-TTLS for authentication and it looks like it takes many sessions (167 from what I can tell by looking at the Access-Request ID) to actually complete the re-authentication process. The amount of sessions may vary for each CPE as they can take 2-10 minutes to actually authenticate.

It starts on line 3546 and finally authenticates on line 18927.

CPE (Suplicant) ----> NAS-Identifier = "BS" (Authenticator) ------> Radius Server

Please let me know if you have any questions and/or if you think I have to tweak my configuration somewhere to speed this up.

Thanks for the help,
James Smith
-
This message is intended only for the addressee and may contain information that is company confidential or privileged.  Any technical data in this message may be exported only in accordance with the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (22 CFR Parts 120-130) or the Export Administration Regulations (15 CFR Parts 730-774). Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, you should not read, copy, disclose or otherwise use this message. If you have received this email in error, please delete it, and advise the sender immediately.
-