Freeradius 4

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Feb 22 14:48:06 CET 2018

On Feb 22, 2018, at 2:16 PM, Bassem Mettichi <mettichi at gmail.com> wrote:
> thanks a lot Mark for your help, this solved my issue but now i get this
> error:
>
> /opt/freeradius/v.4.0.x/etc/raddb/mods-enabled/pam[15]: Failed to link to
> module "rlm_pam": rlm_pam.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file
> or directory
> /opt/freeradius/v.4.0.x/lib/rlm_pam.so: cannot open shared object file: No
> such file or directory
> /opt/freeradius/v.4.0.x/etc/raddb/mods-enabled/pam[15]: Make sure it (and
> all its dependent libraries!) are in the search path of your system's ld

  The module isn't there.  Read the output of "configure" and "make install" to see what's going on.

> i don't know what is exactly the missing library to build module rlm_pam.

  To be honest, you SHOULD NOT be running the v4.0.x branch.  While it works, it's in development.  i.e. *developers* who know what they're doing can use it.

  We haven't made a public release of v4.  So everyone else should keep using v3.