AD Auth Question

Alan Buxey alan.buxey at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 16:03:29 CET 2018

hi,

> Thanks for your input I will have to step back and think on this piece as it is honestly the first time on any package in RHEL where I have ever run into this type of thing over the last 20 years in using it so I am just a bit surprised that it came up.  So I think the avenue for this once I get it solved may be to never ever update the server as we have had to implement some custom checking with the md5 portion of eap to deal with the crappy way avaya deals with the supplicant on their ip phones.

really? I've had it all the time with eg apache, modprobe changes, etc
- my file systems are constantly populated with .rpmnew and .rpmsave
files  :)

you shouldnt stick on a version because of a config requirement -
theres always security fixes, bug fixes etc.   for your custom md5
requirement you would simply have your own
local module config to deal with that and not stick it into the
standard files. thus making migration or upgrades easier.  as noted,
new configs wouldnt overwrite yours - you need to
check for .rpmnew and use 'diff' etc to check for changes/updates

alan