Proxy problem when switching from version2 to version3

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jan 23 13:54:51 CET 2018

On Jan 23, 2018, at 3:48 AM, Bornemann, Hans <hans.bornemann at tu-dortmund.de> wrote:

> when switching to version 3 I have a little problem to find my misconfiguration.
>
> the home server says: access rejected because the freeradius sends:
>
> From wireshark on home server:

  There *is* a debug log on the proxy which can give you more information.  Why not post the debug output, as suggested in the documentation, FAQ, web site, "man" page, and daily on this list?

  i.e. following the documentation is better than look at random third-party tools.

  Also, FreeRADIUS doesn't *originate* EAP packets.  It just proxies them.  So if EAP is different, it's because the EAP client (i.e. laptop / desktop) is behaving differently.

> Where do I have to look in the configuration?

  Read the documentation.  Follow the instructions for debugging problems.  Ask *good* questions.

  If you have no idea what's going wrong, describe what's happening.  In detail.  Don't assume it's one thing, and then ask how to fix that...