Solved: After Upgrade from freeradius 2 to 3 (Debian 8 - 9): TLS Alert write:fatal:unsupported certificate

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jan 24 14:30:15 CET 2018

> On Jan 24, 2018, at 5:15 AM, Gladewitz, Robert <Robert.Gladewitz at dbfz.de> wrote:
>
> Hello Alen, it seems to me, you have not read the openssl thread completely.

  It seems you're still being rude, specifically:

> The openssl interpretation is not rfc compliant.

  I know.  In the message you responded to (and you quoted), I said this.  I explained why it's not RFC compliant.  I explained why RFC compliance isn't always necessary.

  Did you:

a) not read the message you're replying to?

  or

b) read it, and not understand it?

  I'll also note that you showed the same issues on the OpenSSL forum: they explained things, you didn't understand the explanations, and you argued with them.  At which point they ignored you.

> To be honest, I can not understand why you are allowed to criticize yourself
> a lot, but you do not concede any criticisms or mistakes yourself.

  Clearly.  I've explained repeatedly, and you still don't understand.  That's a problem I can't fix.

> Really
> sad, because freeradius ansich is a very good pruduct. When annotations and
> suggestions for improvement are always treated in this way, at some point
> nobody dares to make any suggestions. That's a pity.

  You're now lying about what's going on.

  I am more than happy to take suggestions for improvement.  The last 20 years of the project make that abundantly clear.  Anyone who claims otherwise is a liar.

  So I'm *not* criticizing anyone for suggesting improvements.

  Instead, I'm criticizing people who choose to not have an honest discussion.  People who ask questions, and then tell the experts they're wrong.  People who don't read the documentation.  People who don't read the messages on this list.  People who accuse me of being rude for pointing out this anti-social behaviour.

  Speaking of which, you *were* warned.

  Goodbye.