Errors reading /etc/freeradius/3.0: No such file or directory

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jan 26 15:43:28 CET 2018

> On Jan 26, 2018, at 9:39 AM, Юра Фролов <prostovrn at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> I migrate to freeradius 3.0 (from freeradius 2.2)

  You should create a *new* configuration for v3.  i.e. start with the default v3 configuration, and gradually port the functionality over from your v2 configuration.

  And test it at every step/

> Way of files
> configuraton  freeradius3.0 have additional subfolder ./3.0, i would like
> to discarding subfolder 3.0 and move conf files to folder freeradius (as  I
> no have sql etc, user`s names saved in files, historicaly inheritence.I
> have many scripts for update users`s files.)

  Don't do that.  It is a *very* bad idea to have a configuration which is part v2 and part v3.

  It won't work.

> I change one string in file radius.conf to raddbdir = /etc/freeradius/,
> restart freeradius service and received error *Errors reading
> /etc/freeradius/3.0: No such file or directory*
>
> What I  should do yet change? And can i change way of configuration files
> to /etc/freeradius?

  Throw away all of the v3 changes you made, and start over.  Use the *default configuration* for v3.

  Doing that will be MUCH faster than trying to work out what's wrong with a broken configuration.