Compilation Warning - FreeRadius 3.0.16

Andrea Mucci andrea.mucci at outlook.com
Fri Jan 26 17:43:43 CET 2018

Hi All,
we downloaded the source software freeradius 3.0.16 from:
git clone https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server.git
cd freeradius-server
git checkout release_3_0_16

The OS is RHEL 7.4. We will use freeRadius with Oracle 12 DataBase.

We compiled with this enviroment variable seting
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/oracle/12.2/client64/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/lib64
export ORACLE_HOME=/usr/include/oracle/12.2/client64

We had this WARNING:

configure: WARNING: securid headers not found. Use --with-rlm-securid-include-dir=<path>.
checking for SD_Init in -laceclnt... no
checking for SD_Init in -laceclnt in /usr/local/lib... no
checking for SD_Init in -laceclnt in /opt/lib... no
configure: WARNING: securid libraries not found. Use --with-rlm-securid-lib-dir=<path>.
configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_securid.
configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_securid requires: acexport.h libaceclnt.

configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_opendirectory.
configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_opendirectory requires:  membership.h.

configure: WARNING: Oracle version >= 12 needs -laio

We would like to know if these warnings can generate incorrect behavior of the software.

Thanks
Andrea