BYOD and base on MAC

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jan 31 22:36:21 CET 2018

On Jan 31, 2018, at 3:41 PM, Luc Paulin <paulinster at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry if the file's format isn't correct but unless that I didn't
> understand documentation correctly I follow what's on the following url
> https://wiki.freeradius.org/guide/mac-auth#plain-mac-auth_raddb-authorized_macs

  Maybe the mailer mangled the text.  Whitespace DOES matter in the "users" file.

> Here's the authorized mac module section
>
> [root at radius-corp-01_{{PROD}} raddb]# cat
> mods-enabled/stingray-authorize-mac
> files authorized_macs {
>        # The default key attribute to use for matches.  The content
>        # of this attribute is used to match the "name" of the
>        # entry.
>        key = "%{Calling-Station-ID}"
>
>        usersfile = ${confdir}/authorized_macs

  That should work.
> (9) authorized_macs:    --> 18-65-90-CB-4C-69
> (9)     [authorized_macs] = noop

  That means the MAC address wasn't found in the file.

  I'm not sure what's going wrong.  It's not clear from the debug output.

  But the file format DOES matter.  Tabs and whitespace MUST exist as in the documentation.