accounting

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jul 3 01:03:51 CEST 2018

On Jul 2, 2018, at 3:41 PM, John Martins <jm829580 at gmail.com> wrote:

> My freeradius 3.0.16 is not inserting data into radact, and it complains on
> start with the following error, but the accounting section is in
> radiusd.conf as stated below.

  It's not supposed to be there.

> Can anybody give me a clue where can be the
> problem?

  You edited the default configuration, and broke it.  Don't do that.

  Instead, follow the documentation.  That says to start with the default configuration, and then to make small changes.

  In the default configuration, the "accounting" section is in sites-enabled/default.  Edit it there.

  The comments at the bottom of "radiusd.conf" make this clear.

  If you're going to edit the configuration files, then you should *read* them.

> accounting {
>        # We leave "detail" enabled to _additionally_ log accounting to
> /var/lo$
>        detail
>        sql
> }
>

> Error on freeradius Start:
>
> /etc/freeradius/3.0/radiusd.conf[784]: The accounting section should be
> inside of a 'server { ... }' block!

  That seems pretty clear.