ISC DHCP -> FreeRADIUS turnkey solutions

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jul 3 01:05:50 CEST 2018

On Jul 2, 2018, at 4:31 PM, Coy Hile <coy.hile at coyhile.com> wrote:
> My google-fu is failing me today; are there any examples/case studies/etc of one moving from ISC’s DHCP server to FreeRADIUS? Most of the use case here is for a management network and (with a couple exceptions) are mostly a small number of static allocations served via DHCP. The only potentially cute bit I may have do deal with are sending the vendor-specific “cookie” (for lack of a better term) for APC UPSes and PDUs.

  That's one bit which needs more work, unfortunately.  There's a simple import tool in scripts/dhcp/isc2pool.pl

  But the Wiki could definitely use some more documentation.

  I've seen v3 working with 100K+ leases in an SQL database.  It works fine.

  The question is what are you doing?  What kind of configuration do you have in ISC?