Rlm_eap_ttls Virtual Server Autoselection

Richter, Jan richter at itc.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Jul 3 08:54:36 CEST 2018

Hello,

I would like to gain more information concerning the github issue #2256 (https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/issues/2256). It is about the RLM_EAP_TTLS module requiring a specific virtual server set to sent the inner requests to. But first thanks for quickly answering there.

I have two questions:

1. How do I configure multiple virtual servers with eap support? Am I right to create the servers with eap and then create a eap module for EACH server with the virtual server attribute set to the corresponding server again? This would increase the amount of nearly redundant configuration in a scenario with a lot of virtual servers.

2. What is so bad with the auto selection of the virtual server? What are the mentioned "security reasons"? I could not find an explanation in the comment that added the error.
Or isn't it the auto selection feature, but to sent the inner requests to the same server handling the outer requests?

Kind regards,
Jan Richter