Freeradius status module

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jul 4 17:46:24 CEST 2018

On Jul 4, 2018, at 4:53 AM, Bassem Mettichi <mettichi at gmail.com> wrote:

> thanks a lot for your help Alan, another question please, the status module
> gives the total number of accounting for which period ? last 24 hours for
> example

  No.

> because i see when there is no trafic on my freeradius server and when i
> run the status command i get always the last number of accounting, does the
> status module give a realtime value for the number of accounting or for
> some period of time? could we reset this value to 0 if there is no trafic
> of accounting on the server?

  No.

  This is what external counters are for.  You can track the counter over time.

  The alternative is for FreeRADIUS to keep track of every possible statistic.  e.g. hourly, daily, weekly, etc.  That's what a database is for.

  The server also has a "start time", so you know when it restarts.  And, you know that the counters get reset back to zero when it restarts.