Waking up in 999995.9 seconds.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jul 11 13:33:16 CEST 2018

On Jul 10, 2018, at 5:56 PM, Duncan Carter <duncan.carter at comms365.com> wrote:

>>> There's no database involved.  Clients, users and logs are all flat files.
>>  Well, maybe it really is getting 1024 simultaneous packets.
> Simultaneous?  No, it's getting about 2500 packets (access and accounting) in 3-4 hours, then crashing.

  Well, upgrade.  You haven't said what version you're using.  But it's old.  Very old.

>>> There's a feature we use that's not included with the newer versions,
>>  Which is what?  There have been very few useful features removed from the server over the years.
> Found my colleagues notes, it relates to these issues:
> https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/issues/1131
> https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/issues/1384
> We use:
> log {
>        requests = ${logdir}/radiusd-%{%{Virtual-Server}:-DEFAULT}-%Y%m%d.log
> Which is apparently depreciated, but I can't identify why.  We then process those log files to populate a MongoDB.

  It was too much of a PITA to manage.

  You can update the "log" section in 3.0.17 to include the virtual server.  Then, post-process the logs as you do today.

> I really want to know why the "Waking up in" time jumps from 0.x, to 3.x, to 4.x, to 9999x.x to  3978xxx.x seconds?

  A bug which was found and fixed years ago.

> Would you like me to send a complete debug log to you Alan?

  No.  I'm not going to spend time on a bug which has already been fixed.