Question about LDAP authentication

Matthew Newton mcn at freeradius.org
Wed Jul 25 14:34:31 CEST 2018

On Wed, 2018-07-25 at 12:20 +0000, Petit, Benoit wrote:
> I have a quick question about LDAP authentication. The radius
> authentication is working but when I check the logs in debug mode I
> get a warning concerning LDAP. I'm wondering if this warning is
> important and how I can get ride of it. I put  the ldap auth in the
> /raddb/sites-available/default file but the following warning keeps
> coming back, even tough the user's attributes are passed:
>
> WARNING: No "known good" password was found in LDAP.  Are you sure
> that the user is configured correctly?

You normally authenticate by getting the good password from LDAP and
then checking that the password is correct. This warning tells you that
it wasn't able to get the password from LDAP.

If you are authenticating by binding to LDAP as the supplied user, then
you don't need to get the password, so this message doesn't matter.

> The logs then continue and I receive an Accept-Accept for the
> session. Is this warning relevant and how can I get rid of it?

Ignore it.

--
Matthew