Can FreeRADIUS retry authentication with another Active Directory after Post-Auth-Type REJECT

Peter Drucker druckers at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 04:44:24 CEST 2018

Thanks for the quick response. I have a "policy" module that can determine
the AD to use for authentication as well as post-auth attributes to send in
the response.

So I can't directly enter the AD in the authentication section. Here's a
sample of my configuration.

server nac-server {
        listen {
        type = auth
        ipaddr = 10.10.120.103
        port = 1812
        limit {
              max_connections = 16
              lifetime = 0
              idle_timeout = 30

    listen {
        type = acct
        ipaddr = 10.10.120.103
        port = 1813
        limit {
              max_connections = 16
              lifetime = 0
              idle_timeout = 30

    authorize {
        update control {
            Load-Balance-Key = "%{Calling-Station-Id}"
        }
        policy
        chap
        mschap