No subject

Hailun Tan dearambermini at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 03:09:49 CEST 2018

> The replies kept saying modifying PAM modules instead of
> pam_radius_auth.so. But to be honest, the pam_radius_auth.c is one of the
> customized PAM modules. If pam_radius_auth.so is not the one to be
> modified, which one should be? No one has ever given any answers to
that...

  The answers in the link you posted are pretty clear.

===================

I do not think the answer in the previous link was clear.

The only viable solution in the link above is that having another local
user  with the same name then it will fix the problem. Yes, it does fix the
problem. But what is the point to have radius server if  a local user is
required  for radius to work?  Considering that there are thousands of
radius clients to hookup with one radius server, having a local user for
each of these clients for such user to work does not make sense.

My question is very clear. If  pam_radius_auth.so is not the one to be
fixed, which other pam module should be fixed? At least you can provide a
way for us to check which PAM module is failing so that we can check. I
have even tried to disable ALL the pam module in /etc/pam.d/sshd except
pam_radius_auth.so but I cannot even log in the ubuntu if i did that :( So
that is the most difficult part to troubleshoot with PAM.