authentication request failed for SSH using freeradius server.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jun 28 04:12:09 CEST 2018

On Jun 27, 2018, at 9:38 PM, Hailun Tan <dearambermini at gmail.com> wrote:

>   Which has nothing to do with RADIUS or FreeRADIUS.
>
> ----->
>
> I do not agree with this statement

  You fixed the problem by re-configuring PAM and NSS.

   Not pam_auth_radius, and not FreeRADIUS.  So "nothing to do with RADIUS" is exactly the correct description.

> The user who posted the issues on this forum are not expected to be
> familiar with Radius as you (nor on PAM  or other modules).

  That's ignoring the main point here.  I gave you information to solve the problem, and you ignored it.

> ===
> What DOES help is me telling you that you needed to configure NSS.  Which
> is what I did.
>
> PS: you never  advised me to configure NSS, in fact,  you did not even
> mention NSS before,

  i.e. you're not reading messages to this list.  I told you 2 days ago to look at NSS:

http://lists.freeradius.org/pipermail/freeradius-users/2018-June/091928.html

> you just kept pushing me to ask this question on PAM
> mailing list.  By the way,  I did ask this question on PAM list and no one
> knows what was going on.

  They couldn't tell you what the "\r\nINCORRECT" password was, and where it came from?

  That's not true.

  Anyways, you were warned.