rlm_sql_null driver sometimes writes truncated lines

Shawn Asmussen shawn.asmussen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 22:25:17 CET 2018

Well, logrotate is doing a systemctl reload-or-try-restart radiusd, and
from the system unit file, it looks like that's resulting in sending a HUP
signal to radiusd. Will radiusd potentially throw some of the data away in
that case if it's in the middle of a write when it gets the HUP signal?

I'm not actually familiar with the details of using buffered_sql, but I'll
look into it if it might be something that accomplishes what we need. The
current method was chosen because the database server that the accounting
data is being written to might occasionally be unavailable, so we wanted to
be able to accumulate the accounting updates and have them get caught up on
when the database server becomes available again, but if buffered_sql will
accomplish that in a better way, I'm definitely open to it. Looks like I
have some reading to do.