off topic - eapol_test alternative

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Mon Mar 12 22:04:05 CET 2018

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 3:31 PM, Brian Julin <BJulin at clarku.edu> wrote:

> Ah, much easier:

No kidding! :)

> This does the trick.  You'll need to install text2pcap and have
> a copy of whatever NetWorkManager was using for a wireless.conf to truly
> check
> what's going on with a particular client.
>
> wpa_supplicant -ddddd -iwlan0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wireless.conf | perl
> -ne 'print "00000000 ff ff ff ff ff ff 00 11 22 33 44 55 88 8e $1\n" if
> m/RX EAPOL - hexdump\(len=\d+\): (.*)/' | text2pcap - /tmp/eapol_crap.txt &
> sleep 30; wpa_cli terminate; wireshark /tmp/eapol_crap.txt

Well... I've never used wpa_supplicant manually and have only used an open
network and iwconfig, way back in the day, or NetworkManager for secure
wireless networks. So the above script looks a bit out of my domain for
knitting into NM. :/

I'll keep reading on NM and wpa_supplicant.

Thanks for all the help!

-m