Empty (not ended) session - freeradius 3.0.16

dg dg at poczta.tarman.pl
Mon Mar 26 21:54:30 CEST 2018

Hello,

i have another question about not ended sessions in FR (thanks Alan for last
replay).

What about situation when switch is suddenly down (for example power failure).
and empty sessions appears in database.

in this case NAS wont send stop packets (because of suddenly power failure).

Can i avoid this ? i mean empty session (with stop time -> NULL).
Is there any way that FR will check if NAS or end user is still alive ?

best regards

On Feb 27, 2018, at 5:34 AM, dg <dg at poczta.tarman.pl> wrote:
> From time to time I have session not ended (and without any user assigned to
> that session).
>
> So i have time when session starts but stop time is NULL.

  The NAS isn't sending stop packets.  FreeRADIUS can only log what it gets.

> so you can see that AcctStopTime is sometimes NULL.
> Can someone help me ? why its happening ?
> i am using cisco switches

  Fix the switches to send stop packets.