Is it possible to change a session's or account's lifetime

张强 zhangqiang at meizu.com
Tue Mar 27 05:14:03 CEST 2018

Hi Alan, thanks for your reply.

A captive portal is excatly what I'm trying to make,
but our scenario is rather complicated. The user
have to be taken from the portal to a mobile
application to continue the authentication process
which will need Internet access. That's why I need
to temporarily allow the user's access.

If I understood you right, I have to make the user
to re-authenticate to let the NAS know the Expiration
attribute has changed? If so, I think configuring the
NAS to authenticate with freeRADIUS every 10
minutes, and making the initial expiration value to a
little longer than 10 min will solve the problem.
Am I right?

And I'm terribly sorry if this post doesn't follow the
thread I started previously, I don't know how to follow
a thread when replying to a mailing list.