Releasing 3.0.17?

Stefan Paetow Stefan.Paetow at jisc.ac.uk
Fri Mar 30 19:22:22 CEST 2018

Adam, 3.1 is dead.

Arran, Alan, thumbs-up to a v3.0.17. Can you just make sure that when you build the official packages, that you don't build against packages that are not available in either CentOS/RHEL 7 or EPEL 7 repos? I had hoped to deploy the official 3.0.16 package but it wanted a package that doesn't exist in any of the repos in question.

:-)

Stefan Paetow
Consultant, Trust and Identity

t: +44 (0)1235 822 125
gpg: 0x3FCE5142
xmpp: stefanp at jabber.dev.ja.net
skype: stefan.paetow.janet

jisc.ac.uk

On 30/03/2018, 14:54, "Adam Bishop" <Adam.Bishop at jisc.ac.uk> wrote:

    On 30 Mar 2018, at 14:01, Arran Cudbard-Bell <a.cudbardb at freeradius.org> wrote:
    > If we create v3.2.x from the v3.0.x branch the initial reason for killing v3.1.x would be invalid, and it would definitely confuse people who deployed v3.1.x.

    What's the current state of v3.1.x? Aren't they missing a whole heap of fairly critical fixes?

    The main reason I suggest it is that the next Ubuntu LTS is this year, and based on previous timings RHEL8 is almost certainly to be seen this year too or early next. This will drag out the life of the v3 branch considerably.

    Adam Bishop

      gpg: E75B 1F92 6407 DFDF 9F1C  BF10 C993 2504 6609 D460

    jisc.ac.uk

    -
    List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html