Machine auth using Samba

Tornóci László torlasz at xenia.sote.hu
Wed May 16 09:07:50 CEST 2018

Hi,

I am using FR 3.0.13 for eduroam (setting VLAN dynamically, auth is
EAP-TTLS/PAP using LDAP). It works very well. Now I am planning to set
up wifi access for a couple of dozens of Win 10 laptops. I would like to
achieve the following:
- automatic machine auth (no user intervention)
- only these machines should be able to access the VLAN that is
designated for them

If possible, I want to have more security than just checking MAC
addresses. I know you can do that with AD, however I don't have that. Is
it possible and do you recommend to do this kind of thing using samba? I
appreciate if you send me tips or point me to good descriptions.

Yours: Laszlo