DHCP Server Limits

8zero2 operations 8zero2ops at gmail.com
Thu May 17 13:09:18 CEST 2018

Hi,

I have a setup which has multiple /20s(atleast 6) and i want to manage dhcp
using FR 3.0.16. Now As i see I have to enter all the IP address in mysql
for the FR to offer IP from when a DHCP request comes in.

The total entries amount to 24576 so is it feasible to have frequent dhcp
requests coming in, And as i see it searches in table everytime a request
is coming. I might even have to throw in another sql query for DHCP request
authentication, So is it a scalable solution? Or should i go for ISC(KEA
also coming round the corner)? Sorry Its not related to Freeradius, but i
wanted an advice from experts.

Regards,
Anirudh Malhotra
Mail: 8zero2.in at gmail.com