TLS-EAP with Yubikey module

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Wed May 23 22:52:11 CEST 2018

Jeroen van Kessel wrote:
> I am trying to setup FreeRADIUS 3.0.12 ARM (Pi3) with Yubikeys to
> authenticate on the 802.1X TP-Link EAP245 access point.
Despite Alan's hints about having to use EAP-TTLS with PAP in inner
tunnel I really wonder whether that works in real life.

My own attempts (based on my Æ-DIR with OATH-LDAP and yubikey) were
rather unpleasant because my Wifi client UI does not prompt again for
new OTP or other client UIs might prompt too often.

I'd like to read the experience of others here with using OTP for
protecting Wifi access.

Ciao, Michael.