Can I use two or more freeradius server certificates for the same virtual site?

Brian Julin BJulin at clarku.edu
Thu Nov 1 16:29:54 CET 2018

Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

> client: let's do TLS!
>
> server: Sure, here's my CA and server cert!
>
> client:  Uh... not what I wanted, goodbye!
>
> The only way to signal which CA you want is by some other method.  i.e. changing the outer identities, as Christian suggested.

Just a note for edification/general interest, in the case of non-Windows IPSEC, there are modes where
clients can send requests for desired CAs over the IKE protocol.  Doesn't help for WiFi unless maybe if
you are doing Open+IPSEC setups.

(Windows can do that mode too but the client doesn't do sufficient security checks in that mode,
you have to tunnel PEAP to get CN validation)