Dynamic session timeout

Sam T givemesam at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 18:57:05 CET 2018

Hi Alan

Thank you for your input!

Is it necessary to use v3 and run the script you recently sent? Do the
"exper parsing improvements" you mentioned in v3 necessary in the use of
your script?

(I'm not sure we can change the server version as we are on an aging system
with many working bits and customizations over the years)

My team came up with this 2query SQL approach that does give the expected
results, it has multiple queries, and I wanted to ask your opinion to
improve it

        if ("%{sql:SELECT
TIMESTAMPDIFF(SECOND,(NOW()),'%{reply:WISPr-Session-Terminate-Time}')#}" <=
"%{reply:Session-Timeout}") {
        update reply {
Session-Timeout := "%{sql:SELECT
TIMESTAMPDIFF(SECOND,(NOW()),'%{reply:WISPr-Session-Terminate-Time}')}"

Thanks!