FR 3.0: Fall back to proxy if SQL returns no result

Rens Houben rhouben at systemec.nl
Wed Nov 14 13:41:29 CET 2018

Van: Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users-bounces+rhouben=systemec.nl at lists.freeradius.org> namens Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>
Verzonden: woensdag 14 november 2018 13:08
Aan: FreeRadius users mailing list
Onderwerp: Re: FR 3.0: Fall back to proxy if SQL returns no result

On Nov 14, 2018, at 2:55 AM, Rens Houben via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
> If I'm reading the debug info  right, what happens is that the rlm_sql module returns an "ok" status because it executed correctly - it found no entry in the database, but that isn't an incorrect answer - so the redundant stanza didn't see a need to try the fallback...

>  Then read "man unlang" about module return codes.  This is documented.

        sql
        if (ok) {
                update control ...
        }

That works, thanks. Its now sending proxy requests. The other server's still rejecting them, but that's a problem I'll sort out on my own.

Once  I'm certain I've got the entire pipeline working I'll exchange the (ok) test for checking for the presence of an attribute coming back from the sql query, and proxy if it's not there.

>  Alan DeKok.

Thanks again, I think I can figure it out on my own from here.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html