Access-Accept does not "see" the attribute defined in the dictionary file

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Nov 21 16:55:16 CET 2018

On Nov 21, 2018, at 10:49 AM, Vafa Andalibi <vafandal at iu.edu> wrote:

> I've built the FR (master branch)

  Please don't use the "master" branch unless you are VERY familiar with RADIUS.  v4 is in heavy development, and may not even work from day to day.

  Why are you using v4?

> on raspberry pi and I'm trying to run it
> with a custom defined attribute in Access-Accept. I have added this
> attribute at the end of */usr/local/etc/raddb/dictionary* as follows:
>

> *ATTRIBUTE TEST-ATTRIBUTE-1.2.3    3011    string*

  There's no need to add ** around everything.  Just paste the text.

  And, why are you adding that attribute?  What is it for?

> This is the only uncommented line in the dictionary file. Then in
> */usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default* inside the *send
> Access-Accept* block,
> I have added a very simple code:
>

> *send Access-Accept{*
> *...*
> *if (&session-state:TEST-ATTRIBUTE-1.2.3) {*
> * update {*
> * &Url-Data :="%{session-state:TEST-ATTRIBUTE-1.2.3}"*
> * }*
> * rest*
> *}*
> *...*
> *}*
>

> Then after running it with *sudo /usr/local/sbin/radiusd -X*, I'm getting
> the following error:
>
> *...*
>
> *compiling - send Access-Accept {...}*
> */usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[1033]: Failed resolving
> undefined attribute: Unknown protocol 'TEST-ATTRIBUTE-1'*

  Well, that seems simple enough.  The name is getting truncated.  Don't use "." in an attribute name.

  Or, use v3.