get name of authentication realm

Zdeněk Sobotka zdenek.sobotka at nic.cz
Thu Nov 29 12:02:57 CET 2018

Hello, I'm trying to retreive name of "authentication realm" like a
variable in the Freeradius v3 ("LOCAL" in variable in my case). In debug
log, near suffix module i see:

(1) suffix: Checking for suffix after "@"
(1) suffix: Looking up realm "yyyy.cz" for User-Name = "name at yyyy.cc"
(1) suffix: Found realm "yyyy.cc"
(1) suffix: Adding Stripped-User-Name = "name"
(1) suffix: Adding Realm = "yyyy.cc"
(1) suffix: Authentication realm is LOCAL

I'm found in documentation, that the "Authentication realm" can be found
in "control:Proxy-To-Realm"
(https://networkradius.com/doc/3.0.10/raddb/mods-available/realm.html).

At logs i have, but that variable is empty:
(2)     if ("%{control:Proxy-To-Realm}" != "LOCAL") {
(2)     ERROR: Failed retrieving values required to evaluate condition

Thank you for the advice.